HOW TO BECOME A CHRISTIAN
Are you, or are you not, a Christian? You can KNOW!
It’s a life-changing assurance to KNOW that your home is in heaven. Do you know? Jesus said in John 3:18 (KJV), “He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.”
Are you NOT CONDEMNED? Or are you CONDEMNED ALREADY? These are the only two options. Let me show you from Scripture how you can settle this for yourself. Get to know these facts from Scripture and take action.
1. God loves you. “For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son.” John 3:16. “But God commendeth his love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.” Romans 5:8
2. All are sinners. “For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God.” Romans 3:23 That includes me – and you. Are you willing to admit you are a sinner, desperately needing to be saved?
3. The penalty for sin is death. “For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.” Romans 6:23 Because of the sin of unbelief, sinners go to a Christless eternity in hell. Sin was so great that Christ suffered the agony of crucifixion and shed His blood to pay for your sin and save you from hell. He did it because He loves you.
4. You cannot save yourself. “For by grace are ye saved through faith, and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God.: Not of works lest any man should boast.” Ephesians 2:8,9 This excludes the good works of baptism, church membership, helping the poor, giving to charity, or whatever other good deed you might want to include in this list.
5. Confess, Believe, Call. “That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.” – – – “For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.” Romans 10:9. 10. 13
To receive Christ as your Savior is THE major decision in your life. It is not a trivial decision. It means the difference between heaven and hell. Are you willing to turn from your sin to Jesus? The Christians in Thessalonica were commended because they “turned to God from idols to serve the living and true God.” I Thessalonians 1:9. To turn to God, You have to turn from your idols (your old way of life. If you don’t want to do that, then you don’t really want Christ. You just want to continue in your old way.) “Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.” This sincere decision will change your life. II Corinthians 5:17
Today, if you are not sure of a home in heaven, I am urging you to ask forgiveness for your sin and trust Jesus, who paid for your sins on the cross and rose from the dead. Let Him be your Savior from sin. Let Him change your life and give you a new life in Jesus. Then You will know you are going to heaven, even if you died today.
Make that decision today!